Story County College Access Network
Story County College Access Network (SCCAN) is a multi-sector collaborative dedicated to ensuring there are post-secondary opportunities for learners across our community. United Way of Story County operates as the fiscal agent for this initiative. SCCAN is seeking an individual to contract with to lead and direct our work. This is a grant funded, contract arrangement position only, with no paid benefits. Contractor will be responsible for all federal, state and local tax deposits relating to compensation received.
The Director will utilize a collective impact framework to bring together education, business, government, philanthropy, and non-profit partners in order to provide awareness and coordination among existing resources, identify gaps, and develop solutions that will better prepare individuals for post-secondary educational opportunities and ultimately, careers. Of special interest will be the ability to identify supports and pathways available to low income students, students of color, and first generation college-going students.
The Director will provide strong leadership and coordination to the Story County College Access Network and is responsible for managing the activities of SCCAN in a strategic, efficient, and accountable manner. The Director will average 40 hours weekly over the term of the contract..
This contracted position requires a personable, outgoing, dynamic, highly organized and skilled person who has a proven track record in relationship management, communication, strategic thinking, and being a strong team player and leader. Critical skills include:
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work comfortably with diverse populations, ages, careers, and organizations.
- Strong facilitation skills to lead all levels of community members, leaders, and advocates toward a common goal.
- Aptitude to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Strong foundation in problem solving and research and the ability to share best- practice solutions and strategies.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong analytical ability; must be able to interpret, report and use data.
- Supervisory or project management experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years experience , or Master’s degree preferred with minimum of two years of experience, preferably in human services or education related field. Demonstrated leadership and advocacy experience working in support of students and families with low income, students and families of color, LGBTQ+ students and families, and first generation college-going students. Strong organizational, project, and time management skills and the ability to meet established deadlines.
SCCAN is committed to a diverse team and promotes a working environment that is racially, ethnically, linguistically, and culturally diverse. We are focused on creating and supporting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion within the organizational culture and in our community.
Please electronically submit a proposal letter, resume, and contact information for three references by noon on August 6 to SCCAN at email@example.com.