As you consider whether to apply for a United Way of Story County grant, you may find it helpful to reflect on these questions. These are some of the criteria considered by the Allocations Committee as they review applications. Additional criteria are discussed in the Grant Policy and Application forms themselves.
- Are you a registered non-profit (501c3, 170c1, or other) OR do you have a non-profit fiscal sponsor?
- Are you a health or human service organization?
- Is your project/program focused on Story County? Only applications for Story County services will be funded.
- Does your project/program help further United Way of Story County’s vision and mission? UWSC’s vision is to improve the quality of life for individuals and families. Our specific focus areas in human services are health, education, and financial stability.
- Does your project/program either reach underserved populations and/or fit into one or more of UWSC’s 2025 Community Impact Goals?
- Is the funding you seek for an unanticipated need, an emerging need, and/or another distinct under-funded need? Can you explain how your request meets a need?
- Do you have a clear, big-picture goal for your project?
- Do you have clear, measurable outcomes that will tell you (and UWSC) whether you have met your goal(s)?