In collaboration with many other partners, United Way of Story County is offering free, educational programs for training in high-demand industries: MIG Welding, Manufacturing Technician, and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
What you get:
- FREE registration
- FREE tools and books
- FREE computer and internet access
- Interviews and/or on-site employer "meet and greet" sessions with Story County employers
Funding also available for childcare and transportation if needed.
Information sessions will be held on October 21, with classes starting in early November.
Who is eligible:
- Story County residents only
- Anyone impacted by the coronavirus (laid off, reduced hours, frontline workers with extra exposure, etc.)
We specifically hope to include students from these demographics:
- People of color
- Low-income (250% of federal poverty level)
- Justice-involved, past or present
For more details, click the audio file to listen to a broadcast from Jean Kresse, UWSC, and Brenda Dryer, Ames Chamber, on KHOI.
- 65 hours
- Online and in-person classes will meet between November 4-December 19 from 4-7:00pm
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT PROGRAM
- 75 hours
- Online sessions between November 2-December 12
- Hands-on labs and clinical learning at DMACC Ankeny campus on Tuesday evenings from 5:00-9:30pm and on Thursday and Saturday in December